Tuesday

The "feedback" I get from my body is more accurate, I discovered when I first started, how unreliable it was. I am more aware of how I use my body on a daily basis. The lessons from tai chi are becoming more integrated into my everyday life. I no longer bend awkwardly, putting strain on my lower back to pick things up from the floor or to empty the dishwasher I squat. I've discovered that my body actively enjoys squatting. I no longer pour water from the kettle with an unnatural, constricting shoulder lift, I roll the whole arm from shoulder blade to wrist to pour water into the teapot. I have rediscovered the pleasure young children get from just moving. The enjoyment of walking, especially in natural surroundings, is enhanced by a quiet sense of pleasure that comes from being aware of how my whole body is moving. When I first started at the school I didn't know I had a sacroiliac joint. Nor was I aware I had a psoas muscle, let alone where it was or how to relax and lengthen it.

 (Peter) 

No comments: