Thursday

How you feel

I wake at 5 and I train for a couple of hours. This is my first training session of the day. My body feels lively, nimble and sung. Everything drapes. But not in a heavy, oppressive way. It is a deep relaxation that is quite hard to qualify verbally. My mind is at ease and there is a deep warmth throughout my body.

Soon, I will lie down for 20 minutes, then read for half an hour. This sense of inner stillness will spread and settle. Composure and quietude will be present all day long.

Later, there will be more training. Vigorous drills, baguazhan and qigong. I will walk. I will teach. But nothing will disrupt this sense of ease.

I don't care whether you train karate, brazilian ju jitsu or another style of tai chi. This is how it feels to train what I train. That is what matters to me.