Thursday

Beginning

I wake, get dressed and clean, then I train. It is damp and cool outside. The darkness of early morning is soothing and calm. Few human noises intrude. After 2 hours or so, I rest. I let the floor support my body and I drift. The floor is relaxing and my body is grateful.

Afterwards, I eat a small meal of fresh fruit and drink more water.

The pile of books I am reading offers another opportunity to slow down and be present. I do not read quickly or ambitiously. But slowly. Savouring the words and contemplating the meaning. My mind is increasingly calm.

I shave off my hair, shave and shower. Dress in clean clothes.

The washing-up takes quite a while to work through. I clean the kitchen counters and the floor. There is a sense of quietude and order that arises from simple work. Chaos is replaced by clarity.

Soon, I will walk, work and train some more. But for now, I enjoy the company of my wife and the ease that comes from having trained and rested.

This is how I begin my day.

No comments: