Thursday

  I have done martial arts most of my life and have loved every aspect of it since I can remember. I had always practiced the hard style arts: Tae Kwon Do, Freestyle Karate, Muay Thai. However, as I got older and after a break from the arts, I found myself wanting to get back into it and having a real interest in finding a style and school which taught more traditional arts and more internal based rather than the normal sport style arts which are ten a penny now.

I came across Newcastle Tai Chi a few years ago and read the website back to front and it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for but for whatever reason I put off that first step until just over a year ago…. What a mistake that was and I still kick myself for not doing anything about it sooner.

The school is very welcoming and friendly, I enjoyed it from the first moment I walked through the doors. The way of learning and the style of art is so very very different to anything I’ve done before… I love it. Relaxed, friendly, fun.

Rachel is very knowledgeable and takes the beginners and health students though the basics and considerately explains what and why you are practicing the various moves.

Sifu Waller’s expansive knowledge of the art and biomechanics (amongst many other things) is quite simply mind blowing! I don’t think I’ve come away from a single class without my mind been blown. If you can open your mind and try and absorb as much as possible that Sifu teaches you, you will not regret it. There is always something new to learn, micro adjustments that Sifu can see that you cannot and the massive difference it makes is incredible.

(Gary Clewes)

No comments: