This can lead to knee injury.
Keep the physical 'doing' to a minimum:
- With the knees naturally soft and relaxed, allow the rest of the body to soften and sink
- Sink into the hip joint
- It is the hips that sink, not just the knees
- The thighs may begin to burn/ache initially
- The lower back will straighten of its own accord when your gluteus muscles are working
- Think of the tailbone curling under but don't force anything
Avoid any discomfort in the knees; if your knees hurt, they are squatting too low and that is incorrect.